diverted
Wednesday, November 03, 2004
  Aftermath
This morning I have been searching for a way to think about what has happened in our country. I'm still highly suspicious about those paperless voting machines in Ohio and Florida and how exit polls were accurate everywhere else. But barring a Watergate-style big smoking gun gotcha moment, I think the Bushies have successfully stolen another election. On the other hand, even if they did steal it, it's clear that half the country still supports Bush despite everything. I want to know why this is happening and how it's come to this and what will happen now and what we can do to make America a reality-based community. This is pretty helpful:

From the Guardian:

We put together an unprecedented ground operation, but it was matched by the zealots on the right. We experienced an explosion in the blog world and started a nascent liberal radio network, but our message machine was far outmatched by the rightwing noise machine (Fox News, the Washington Times, Drudge Report, Talk Radio, etc.) We put forth quality candidates in races nationwide, only to see most outclassed and outgunned by a GOP which ran on three simple tenets: God, guns and gays.

It's a bitter pill to swallow, but one that should hopefully lead to a brighter future. Bush owns his messes, and now he'll be forced to clean them up. He won't be able to hide behind 9/11 seven years into his term. Unless the Republicans can engineer a recovery of epic proportions, they will have a great deal to answer to in the 2006 midterms and 2008. And God help Bush if this nation suffers another terrorist attack.

But best of all, we'll continue to see this great resurgence in progressive activism - the kind not seen in American politics in over a generation. None of these new activists heeded the call to arms only to abandon the fight today. We are energised, and will continue to fight for a better future for our country.

Written by the guy who runs Daily Kos.


 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I seem to have been diverted.




LINKS
Fiat Lux
The Liberal Slut
ZayPop
eyedot



This blog is for things that have nothing to do with my actual work. Usually it's strange, interesting, or clever things I come across on the internet. Sometimes I'll post photos I've taken. I might occasionally post an idea, thought, or opinion (like, for example, that I think you should vote for Kerry). I'll try to post at least once a day. Enjoy.



ARCHIVES
October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / February 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License
The original content on this site -- photos I've taken and words I've written -- is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Fuck yeah!