diverted
Sunday, October 31, 2004
  prediction
For what it's worth. Posting this on Sunday night, two days before the election.

Kerry will win by what would, in any previous election, be considered an unquestionable landslide.

There will be widespread chaos and scattered violence (at the fistfight level) at the polls.

There will be allegations of obstruction (Democrats charging Republicans, accurately), and fraud (Republicans charging Democrats, falsely but loudly and relentlessly).

The big networks will be very reluctanct to call the election for Kerry, and Republicans will try very hard to keep them from doing so by calling the legitimacy of the election into question as soon as the numbers become clear.

Bush will not give a concession speech. Ever. He will insist that Kerry, MoveOn, and ACT stole the election illegally, and he will take it to the courts. As soon as it becomes apparent that the election may be taken away from the people (again), we'll have massive protests in San Francisco, Seattle, and Washington DC (and hopefully all across the country). If it gets to the Supreme Court, we'll have a general strike. If the Supreme Court gives it to Bush...

I don't know what will happen then. But I hope it doesn't come to that. I want to live in a democracy again.
 
Comments: Post a Comment

<< Home
I seem to have been diverted.




LINKS
Fiat Lux
The Liberal Slut
ZayPop
eyedot



This blog is for things that have nothing to do with my actual work. Usually it's strange, interesting, or clever things I come across on the internet. Sometimes I'll post photos I've taken. I might occasionally post an idea, thought, or opinion (like, for example, that I think you should vote for Kerry). I'll try to post at least once a day. Enjoy.



ARCHIVES
October 2004 / November 2004 / December 2004 / February 2005 / March 2005 /


Powered by Blogger


Creative Commons License
The original content on this site -- photos I've taken and words I've written -- is licensed under a Creative Commons License. Fuck yeah!